Fowler Living Van
The Fowler catalogue stated the Living Van was for use with Road Rollers and Traction Engines, the original advertising specified that:
"The body is constructed of thoroughly seasoned timber and mounted on wheels of our standard design.
The interior of the van is provided with sleeping births, beds, bedding, cooking stove, cooking utensils, folding desk, vice and bench, etc. Mosquito proof doors and windows can be fitted if desired. A chest or cupboard is fitted under hind part of the van for stores, etc."
Fowler Drawing No.63097 (dated June 21st 1919) specified that the van included the following bedding for each man:
- 1 wool mattress, 4.5” thick, to suit berth x 6’ 4” long, 2’ 0” wide
- 1 grey wool blanket to cover mattress
- 1 bolster with ends sewn in, of good thickness x 2’ 0” long
- 1 strong cotton sheet to suit
- 1 pair grey wool blankets to suit
- 1 strong cover quilt to suit